Owner Builder

Owner Building and getting council approval maybe easier than you may think.

Assembling a "Cabin Life" Granny Flat is relativey easy and you can save a lot of money by building one of our Granny Flats or Cabins yourself. 


If your Cabin or Granny Flats requires council approval and you wish to owner build then you will need an owner builders licence and a white card. These are easily accessible by doing a quick online course. There a few different companies providing easy online courses which can be completed in around 2 hours.


Go To :

NSW  :   http://nswownerbuilder.com.au/OwnerBuilder.aspx

QLD   :   http://www.absolute-education.com.au/qld/thanks.html 


Once you have recived your Owner Builder certificate and your development application number you will need to go to your local department of fair trading to get your owner builders permit. Please click here for more details.


NSW Info required for Granny Flats : Click Here




Q. Do I need council approval ?

A. Call us to find out more.

Getting Council approval really is easy.

 Council rulings vary from state to state : In NSW you are allowed to build a 20m2 studio, office or shed on a residential block of land. Click here for more info. If you intend to use the Cabin as a granny flat or an extra rent then you are best to speak to your local council. Click here for info sheet.


Call us for more details on 0434 705 469.